Monday, August 18, 2008

Contemplation...



Every now and again we come to a crossroads in our life when a decision must be made about which path we should continue down. The pros and cons of each direction must be contemplated, weighed, considered and then the choice made. Such a point has entered my life this week and the decisions are very hard and taxing. During these times, I find myself drawn to the power of the ocean to help me keep things in perspective.

When decisions seem overwhelming and the choices feel out of my reach. I am comforted by the vastness of the ocean. I am warmed by the sunlight on the sea.




I am calmed by the noise of the waves.



This allows me to keep my problems and decisions in perspective. And I know if I can continue to be awed and inspired by what the earth presents to me, I will see what sometimes appears as overwhelming and difficult for what it really is--a chance to change and to grow and to renew.
That in itself is its own crossroad...

No comments: