Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day of School Part 2



Like I mentioned before, Tici has Ms. Provost this year for Grade 2. She is a pleasant, young, energetic, young, enthusiastic, young, athletic, (did I mention Young? Why do they all look like they're 12??!!) young lady. Tici appears to have taken to her easily.



We find her seat, next to Devin, and she immediately says "hi" to the 5 other kids in her little pod. (Gone are the days of rows and rows of desks, now the kids sit in pods of 4 or 6 and can interact with their classmates more than we were able to...).



So, unlike last year, Tici picks up a pencil crayon and starts working on her paper at her new desk. I managed to get a quick hug and kiss and she "dismissed" me by starting her work. No tears this year...my baby is growing up and needs me just a little less than a year ago...So its my turn to wish her a great day and leave her, with damp eyes myself, marvelling at this wonderful little girl I get to call MY daughter!

No comments: