Saturday, September 13, 2008

By The Seat of My Pants



Remove lid after about 5-8 mins and turn over the halibut. Cover again with lid.




While halibut is cooking, in another saucepan heat olive oil and butter. Saute onions and garlic together until onions are soft and translucent. Stir often so garlic doesn't scorch. Add mushrooms and cook just till soft. Add 1/3 of a bag (Costco bag) of fresh, precleaned spinach and stir every 15 sec or so. Spinach will cook very quickly and I don't like it over done. Remove from heat and it will continue to cook a bit while you plate up.



Doesn't this look pretty? And it was very quick to make (absolutely NO reason to buy fast food!) and the little tomatoes are even from my own garden.



This is a perfect, light and healthy meal! You could also substitute sole or snapper or any other light white fish, but I also think salmon and tuna would go well too.



I chose an Australian Chardonnay cause it goes well with the flavor of the halibut, but also with the somewhat bitter taste of the spinach. It went very well. A Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand (Brancott is my favorite Sauv Blanc) would also go very well.

And let me just say....it was fabulous!

No comments: