Monday, July 18, 2011

What's New

I haven't written anything for a while and always feel negligent when I don't post.  Although I have been writing, its been in my notebook and my Morning Write papers.  I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day to complete everything I want to.  Why is it that the older I get, the quicker the days go by?  I think its a cruel spin on things to take so long to "grow up" and then life speeds on by just when you're old enough to finally enjoy things!

On that note, I will say that I am finally checking a few items off my bucket "to-do" list.  Last week I finally enrolled in Western Governers University in the RN-MSN in Nursing Education course.  I have had this on my list to accomplish for at least 20 years and have finally decided that now is the right time to go for it.  Thanks in large part to my wonderful man, Jay, whose support and love has allowed me to feel confident and comfortable enough to actually achieve this goal for myself.  I would never be able to manage all the responsibilities of work, home, kids and school without him.  Also with Jay's support and encouragement, I have taken to writing seriously again.  I will even be attending the Williamette Writer's Conference in August.  I am very excited about this opportunity.  I have written stories, poems, songs, memoirs since 4th grade. Writing is my way of coping and working through things, my way of processing events, sharing things that I've done, places I've seen and daydreaming.  I am excited about the possibility of actually publishing some of my works.  What I would really like to do is freelance travel writing with Jay doing the photography. We would have so much fun with that and would finally get to see places we've always wanted to see!

So, its very important that another 8 hours be added onto every day!  Anyone know how to do that??!!

1 comment:

Jay said...

You are so darn cute...
Jay